Sedation Dentistry in Fort McMurray
When dental treatment seems overwhelming, sedation dentistry may be your best option.
It is not uncommon to have a fear of the dentist. This fear can often cause people to avoid visiting their dentist, which often creates more problems and can sometimes result in situations where their dental needs become too large to be treated without sedation.
When is sedation dentistry necessary?
You may wish to consider sedation options if:
- Your dental problems are complicated or you need multiple procedures completed in a single visit
- You are fearful of dental treatment procedures; have anxiety or fear of the dentist or their instruments
- Local anesthesia has not been effective enough for you in the past
- You have extremely sensitive teeth
- You have a strong gag reflex
- You have health issues such as neck pain or TMJ problems that make treatment in the dental chair uncomfortable
When is sedation dentistry necessary for my child?
You may wish to discuss with us the sedation options available for children if:
- They are unable to have treatment completed by their regular dentist
- They are too young to sit still for treatment
- They have special needs
- They require extensive treatment
Why types of sedation services are offered at Timberlea Services Centre?
We offer both IV Sedation and Nitrous Oxide Sedation for patients who require assistance during their dental treaments.
Intravenous Sedation is a moderate type of sedation and patients who receive this type of sedation typically report feeling as though they have slept through the entire procedure.
IV sedation is administered through a thin needle in your arm or hand. Although you are not fully asleep, the medication administered will help you feel relaxed and comfortable throughout the procedure.
Nitrous Oxide Sedation
Common sedation solution for younger patients who experience fear or anxiety during their dental visit.